Atlantic IP Services LTD. a Dublin based technology licensing company, has a unique opportunity for an engineer/technologist to join our team. The successful candidate will work directly with intellectual property covering cutting-edge technologies such as NAND flash memory architectures, power semiconductor devices, AMOLED displays and capacitive touch sensors. These technologies are found in devices and components serving the consumer electronics, industrial automation and automotive markets amongst others.
- Reporting to the CTO, support company management in all technology analysis
- Work with Atlantic's technology experts to analyse reverse engineering of products and components
- Conduct extensive research to develop understanding of technology utilisation in current and future markets
- Support company management in technology and intellectual property licensing efforts
- Contribute to the filing of new and open patent applications/continuations
- Participate in the technical review of patent portfolios covering a wide range of technologies
The ideal candidate has:
- A Master’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering, computer engineering, physics, photonics, or a related discipline
- Excellent academic credentials
- At least 1-2 years of industry experience, ideally in a similar type of role
- A rigorous attention to detail with a strong self-starting work ethic
- Excellent communication skills and technical presentation skills
- Capability to work well independently and as part of a team
- A broad interest in technology with a solid understanding of how electronics and manufacturing process technologies are applied to the products and components covered by Atlantic's intellectual property portfolio
- Experience in systems engineering technologies and methodologies
- Experience with process analysis and/or electronic circuit extraction
- Ability to interpret optical micrographs, SEM scans and EDX imagery
- Experience with semiconductors and computer memory technologies is beneficial
- Familiarity evaluating and charting patent claims to products is a plus
What Atlantic IP Services Ltd. offers you:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- The chance to work in a research role where your input matters, informs decision making and is highly impactful.
- A front-line role where you are a key part of the company’s strategy.
- Autonomy in a low bureaucracy environment.
- A fun and fast paced environment with great colleagues.